A Busy Year For H2H
A lot has been accomplished in 2017, with plans for much more in 2018. God has blessed Heart 2 Heart Hand N Hand Intl with the ability to visit Kenya and Uganda in the Rock Africa 2017 mission trip. We are gaining a better understanding of the greatest needs in the African communities. We were able to accomplish many projects, create strong partnerships and start many new projects that will make a real difference in the lives of the children of these communities.
Projects Completed in 2017
H2H is consantly working to get projects completed in Kenya and Uganda. The money donated and raised from fundraisers has been put to good use. We are praying to complete the Dining Hall and Cook House for the 19 plus children and more. We could’nt do it with out your support.
Kenya Projects Completed
- Desperately needed mattresses were provided to the children.
- A roof was put on the community cookhouse.
- His Family Youth Center received solar power.
- Morianga Trees planted and growing of peanuts, maize (corn), beans and tomatoes
- 9 uniforms bought so children can go to school
- A simple water system dug with hand pump installed
- New bed sheets (thanks Doc)
Uganda Projects Completed
- Achoci Headquarters
- Christmas Giving
- Wiring of two homes (accomplished by Franklyn)
- Registration of H2H in Uganda/ charcoal project for Franklyn and team
- Small support for Franklyn and Sarah in Uganda and USA travels
Fundraising For Africa
H2H has facilitated several fundraisers in 2017 to raise desperately needed funds to help with a variety of projects and support in Kenya and Uganda. We have several fundraising activities planned in 2018. H2H is seeking people being called to help with fundraising events in the USA. We also are always accepting donations of money and items needed in Africa.
- A Mother’s Heart Dinner
- Shoe drive
- Yard & Furniture Sale
- Bed sheets fund raises
Kenya Ongoing Projects
- Dinning hall/cook house
- School fees
- Shoes and uniforms
- Pig pin re-build
- Fence around compound for safety of children
- Vehicle for transport
- Air ticket to USA for Samson in 2018
- New chicken house
Uganda Ongoing Projects
- Transition home building: plumbing, plastering, utensils, furniture, bedding, clothes, food, fencing for compound, medical for children between 3-17 years old coming into home.
- Support for Franklyn and Sarah as childcare advocates.
- The briquettes project Franklyn is doing this with the church as a community for cleaner air and less expensive cooking for Ugandans.
- H2H is giving to Acholi Quarters for Christmas as well as the Mango Children’s Hospital.
- The transition homes are still in need of funds for plastering, plumbing furniture and bedding.
But as for you, be strong and do not give up,
for your work will be rewarded
2 Chronicles 15:7
Partners Franklyn & Sarah
Franklyn Stephen and Sarah Kwagala Kasozi are the founders of Heart to Heart Initiative in Uganda. In May 2005, Franklyn got a vision for families to be “more of God’s voice”. Together they begun to pursue the dream of preserving families.
H2H is proud to announce that we will be hosting Franklyn in USA in 2018.
Sarah Visits The USA
Sarah Kwagala Kasozi is in the USA on the east coast until January 22, 2018 while Franklyn takes care of things in Uganda. She attended the African Women in the Diaspora with the Ambasodor of the OAU (Organisation of the African Union.) Sarah found that the people in the diaspora really want to reach out to us in Africa and help improve our communities, but they are still struggling here…there is hope and together we can bring about change.
In October Sarah participated in the Civil Society Policy Forum by the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. She gladly represented the voice of the minority groups in our communities at the CSO round table meeting with the WBG Executive Directors. Women and children can get better if we work together. She learned there that when women are given the money, they deliver better results than men.
On November 29th, Sarah will be on the Voice Of America as a guest speaker. She will also go to a meeting of the Foundation Of Peace and the African Women’s Leaders meeting at the Africa Leader’s house. Check out our Facebook page for updates on Sarah’s exciting trip to DC.
Please pray for her.
- P.O. Box fee
- Website professional
- Copies, fliers, brochures, business cards, ink, etc.
- Tax consultant/Grant writer
- Fund raiser costs for fund raising events, meeting new perspective supporters or contacts networking for lunches or dinners etc.
From Our Boardmembers
Year End Giving
A reminder that H2H is a non profit organization and all donations are tax 100% tax deductible. Please consider Heart 2 Heart Hand N Hand Intl for your year end giving. You can donate by clicking the button below or mail a check to:
Heart 2 Heart Hand N Hand Intl
PO Box 514 Grants Pass, OR 97526
A USA 501 C 3
Looking Forward to 2018
Bob and I are happy to announce Heart 2 Heart Hand N Hand Intl’s USA volunteer by invitation. Beginning January 2018 we will be mobilizing teams for a purpose, His Kingdom, intentionally, relationally while moving forward with fun projects from USA to Africa.
We also are looking to bring Samson and Franklyn here in 2018. They are praying to come share their stories and hearts missions to help their communities and children in need.
A new mission trip is in the works for 2018. This will be a 4 week trip to Kenya/Uganda to help with various projects. The details and costs are still being worked out, but we are excited for all God’s good works that will be done on this trip. More information on volunteering in the USA and an application form is on our volunteer page or contact Gloria Cooper at: